Tuesday 16 October 2007

Dreams That Etch Themselves on Our Souls



I've been tagged by the ever thoughtful Alexys with quite a nice little meme. It is about dreams.
Dreams that you sit and dream about in the sense, that if you could make them true, you would.
If it was in your power to bring them about, that would be your aim.

I guess most of you know my dreams for the world and the future, so I guess my own are kind of meant here.

Well, number one is the highly unrealistic yearning I have which is unlikely to be fulfilled of avoiding a sad and lingering mouldering death by leaving behind a good looking corpse while I still can.

OK, the revolution is NOT going to happen any time soon, and I am unlikely to die a heroic death on the barricades, but a man can dream- and trust me, I do.

Secondly, more realistically, I'd like to be part of a movement which actually did lead to positive change somehow.
I can't yet see how that can be achieved, but there are a lot of clever people blogging now, with really good ideas and positive thoughts, so maybe here is a good place to start.
A real people power, a real democracy. Thinking, talking, loving people saying NO to Capitalism, Racism, Sexism, general oppression and nastiness.

A movement of Love.
That's NOT unrealistic.

But where do we start?

Ideas anyone?

Thirdly, I do DREAM about meaningful Love. Not marriage, or even the enforced strictures of conventional relationships.

Just lieing again like I did years ago, with Joanna's head on my shoulder, as I stroked her hair. Without feeling a barrier.

This is obviously not going to happen, but these are dreams...
It's a sweet dream, nevertheless.

The first dream was a trifle more likely.



Fourthly, I guess I'd like to find the right answers before I finally die. There's lot of unresolved questions that we all have I guess.
None of us are all knowing, none of us saints.
There's many failings I want to understand, many wrongs I want to put right.
Many people I want to say sorry to and at least receive forgiveness.

And much repentance I need to do. This is the hard part. Redemption IS about repentance, but it has to be sincere.

I know full well, there's many wrongs I have done, I really DON'T repent, or don't repent enough.
I realise it's because I don't yet understand them.

There's lots of times we haven't quite seen things from others points of view.
One day, I want to see that.

It IS all about understanding, and I hope that when I do finally leave this earth, I will do so with a clear conscience.



And lastly, I want to get my novel finished.

I've posted some more and it's in the sidebar.
Please feel free to go in and tear it to shreds- your input is welcome.

Hmmm. Who to tag.

jmb, Helen, Princess Pointful, Crashie and Welshcakes

Lastly, I've been re-jigging the blog a little bit as some of you may have seen. I'm in a re-jigging frame of mind. Firstly, may I recommend the clip from the film 1984 at the bottom, it's classic, it is - close to the bone, shall we say.

Any other suggestions anyone has, please feel free to bring them up.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tagged, hey?
This will definitely require some thought.
And it is also a hard act to follow. Yet again, you manage to say something profound in a seemingly effortless manner.

Anonymous said...

Crushed,
I think sometimes we get lost in dreaming and we lose a sense of ourselves, but I am pleased to hear that you haven't lost wanting what you want.

I do think that blogging leads to positive change and thus a movement of resolution, peace and love.

Didn't know you were writing a novel. That takes lots of dedication.

"None of us are all knowing, none of us saints."

I have to disagree, I am quite saintly and I know it. ;D

Anonymous said...

My dream is that everyone finally realizes the way to life.

Anonymous said...

Those are very lofty dreams sir, not like most people's, but then you aren't like most people your age are you?

I hope you get to realize most of them along the way.

Thanks for thinking of me with this tag but at my age I think I'll have to write about the dreams I had that I haven't achieved and it's too late now. You won't mind if I do that I'm sure, nor if it takes a while.

I like the new look except it has one drawback. Your blog takes a long while to load (no I have broadband cable, a 1yr old laptop and use Foxfire, everyone always asks these questions!)and it stays overall red for a long time before one can actually read it. Still you are not the worst by any means.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I mostly dream of sex or flying. Or sex and flying. Or sometimes about being lost in an underground train system...

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have thought you'd had time to do that much wrong, Crushed! Why won't you find the kind of relationship you want again? There's time.. Nice post and I think most of your dreams are shared by many of us.

Anonymous said...

Princess P- You surprise me, I was constrained by time writing it (had to get to the pub) and felt guilty that I had made a poor effort. Put me off my Guiness a bit.

Alexys- I have made Zero progress with the novel for ages. I would love the time to persist with it, but it just isn't there right now.

I guess you might be a Saint, Alexys. You do have qualities :)

James- Ah, but how do you see life?
It means different things to different people. I'm guessing you refer to Christianity.

Catholicism does play a significant role in my worldview, but I think it is possible to find redemption through other paths.

jmb- Lofty maybe, but I think you need to keep your hopes high, but accept reality at the same time.

There is a middle ground beetween idealism and cynicism.

Yes, I've noticed that with the red. I just wanted a colour scheme. I may play with it a bit more.

Mutley- Funnily enough, I rarely dream about sex at all. Funny that.
Nor flying.

A lot of my dreams are pretty dark actually. Freud would have a field day.

Welshcakes- Neglect, Irresponsibility, putting off decisions. These sorts of things mainly.

As for Love, it's just time and pressure. I find long term relationships too demanding in terms of time and in demands placed.
It just seems to be one of those ideas that has to abandoned, because there isn't really room for it.

Anonymous said...

Will give this some thought, Crushed, not a topic to be taken lightly, is it? Hopefully you'll start a revolution. While we may have totally different ideas about some things, I think we both respect the critical thought process and demand at least thinking from those around us...and I can appreciate having someone else like that in my orbit ; )

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that perhaps one of the functions of dreams is not necessarily to come true, but to provide direction and hope. Your dreams are all good things, but why do you say that love is not possible for you? Maybe it's a sweeter, sadder dream that way.

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about this one, Crushed. I suppose my dream for the world would be something along the line of John Lennon's "Imagine".