Sunday 20 July 2008

Music Sunday Returns- David Bowie



Music Sunday returns after it kind of disappeared in a malaise of scheduling kind of falling by the wayside.
A return to following scheduling patterns is imminent. With some new scheduling features.

David Bowie- the man with different coloured eyes.
In tracks like the above, he can be thought provoking, as cinematic as Keats, a compositional lyricist of our times.

Sometimes, too he can capture the mood of the times. This track sings 1983. It dates an era, yet at the same time, is timeless.



And sometimes he's unique. My favorite Bowie track in some ways, though dearie me, life just gets worse for Major Tom...
Last seen drifting towards the asteroid belt, he now returns as a junkie...



And sometimes, Bowie is just surreal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember the days I used to sit around listening to Bowie and I am loathe to admit this, the Stones. Only a few songs of each I liked, in particular Angie...