Sunday 18 November 2007

Dedicated to the Female Artist

Although ninety percent of the Music I listen to is by male artists (This is kind of inevitable, really, we listen to music that talks to US), there is a small group of female vocalists I enjoy listening to, because I like what their music has to say.

First up, is the lovely Siobhan Fahey, definitely MY type of woman, ALL woman...



I suppose I quite like this next track by Portishead, for the simple reason, it's as erotic as you can get. It makes me feel all...tingly.



And, oh Ms Manson, do you want to tug my heart strings any harder?



There is nothing like seeing into the heart of a woman's passion as it spills from her loins, out through her lips...

I guess us guys will never truly understand them, but God, they are amazing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's great. Female artists don't get as much press as their male counterparts.

Some of my favorites who display strong vocals are Christina Aguilera, Amy Winehouse, Amy Lee (Evanesence), Annie Lennox, Alicia Keys, Joss Stone, to name a few.

Are you talking about Shirley Manson or Marilyn?
(That was a joke. I know one of them is a man. ;D)

Btw, the Youtube videos re not displaying. Must be a glitch.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am totally feeling the Portishead track. It is off the hook! (That's a good thing.)

I can't see any other videos though.

Anonymous said...

One can never get enough Portishead, that's for certain.

The female artists of the world all too often get passed over ass eye candy with some talent.

Anonymous said...

somethings are better left a mystery - dont try to understand, just let yourself be swept in the feeling.

there are some really strong female singers with strong vocals. Alexys mentioned, but I just gotto add Sarah Mclachlan - she's got an angels voice. But then again, I'm also a sucker for Bonnie Taylor, Billie Meyers, Tracy Chapman.

Anonymous said...

You speak for yourself - I understand women completely. I know what women want ....

Anonymous said...

I don't care for female singers myself! I do like some of them but for the most part give me a male singer. Ruthie Foster is really good though. I know you like to read so may I suggest any book by Larry McMurtry who like you loves women but cannot figure them out.

Anonymous said...

Your post has inspired me to download some Garbage, I used to really like them when I was younger...I don't really know why I stopped listening to them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Garbage pretty much defined my adolescence. That woman understood me like no other, I swear.